Hark! If you don’t have any herald angels blinging or singing from your Christmas tree, we’ve got a beautiful collection of Easy Angel Crafts for Kids that will add some angelic beauty right away!
Angel Craft Ideas
Angel crafts are a classic Christmas activity to do with kids after reading the Christmas story, or while listening to some beautiful Christmas carols. There are so many ways to make lovely angel crafts with kids while keeping things simple.
We collected everything from Angel Finger puppets to ornaments to cards and mobiles. Many of these crafts can be made with materials you already have on hand – some of them even from the recycling bin.
(We’ve also included a few adult angel crafts here for good measure!)
Angel Crafts for Christmas
(clockwise from top left corner)
- An easy first sewing craft for kids, check out this Angel Fingerpuppet (with printable template) from Sugar, Spice & Glitter.
- A DIY Wooden Peg Doll Angel Ornament would be a great advent activity for kids. (from Rhythms of Play)
- There’s something so natural about a Pinecone Angel Ornament on your tree. (from Fireflies and Mudpies)
- This Stitched Angel Ornament from Molly & Mama (or this one from Craft Bits) would be sweet on just about any homemade present or made into a brooch or hair pin.
- Sometimes simple is perfect, as with these Paper Doily Angels from Meaningful Mama – or her Paper Plate version here.
- A bright idea for those burnt out light bulbs, an Upcycled Light Bulb Angel Craft.
- A great way to upcycle those embarrassing or scratched CDs – a CD Angel! (from Craft Bits) (no picture)
- Salt Dough Ornaments are a Christmas classic, even more so when they are angel-shaped. (from Emma Owl) (no picture)
- This fun Angel Craft from No Time for Flashcards has a sensory component to it that makes it even more enjoyable for kids. (no picture)
- This Handprint Angel Craft from Kids’ Craft Room or this one from Easy Peasy and Fun is perfect for sending to grandparents! (no picture)
- If you need a craft for a crowd, check out these Printable Angels from Red Ted Art. (no picture)
- If you have leftover spoons from entertaining, this Spoon Angel Christmas Ornament from 4 Joy of Sharing is perfect!
Easy Angel Crafts
- An Accordion Angel like this one from Craft Bits is a simple way to add some more decorations to the tree.
- You can almost hear the beautiful song of this Singing Angel Decoration from Blue Bear Wood.
- You could make a whole chorus of these Mini Paper Angels from The Craft Train.
- If you have some extra canning lids laying around, recycling them into an Angel Canning Lid Ornament is a great repurpose.
- These Paper Fan Angels from Red Ted Art are so versatile – add them to presents, hang them from the windows or tape them to Christmas cards.
- Cardboard Tube Angels are always a classic craft to make with kids (from Red Ted Art) – we even did our own version here with pipe cleaners. (below image)
- Who said seashell crafts were just for summer? Why not make an Angel Seashell Ornament! (below image)
- A great way to use up leftover paper plates from the holidays, a Paper Plate Angel. (below image)
Which of these sweet angel crafts is your favorite? Do you decorate your tree with an angel or a star on the top?
This post originally appeared here on Dec 1, 2017.