Kids are always in the mood for a rainbow craft, so we’ve gathered 30 of the Best Rainbow Crafts for Kids that we could find for a rainy day or St. Patrick’s Day craft inspiration!
Rainbow Crafts for Kids
We found a bunch of rainbow crafts using a variety of different materials – paper, felt, found objects, beads, tissue paper, and even pudding!
Some of these ideas are better for older tweens and some are perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners – there’s something here for everyone.
So, take a look at the ideas we’ve gathered, then a peek at the craft supplies you have on hand and I’m sure you’re going to find the perfect easy rainbow craft the kids will love.
Rainbow Paper Crafts
- You can make this Rainbow Suncatcher from Fireflies and Mudpies in a variety of shapes.
- This 3D Rainbow Paper Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun would be perfect for a little fairy set-up or leprechaun visit!
- Forget store-bought bookmarks – nothing compares to this cute Rainbow Corner Bookmark from Red Ted Art
- Raid the recycling bin to make this Rainbow Pencil Holder Can.
- Children will love making these Rainbow Paper Beads and then turning them into unique jewelry! (Kids’ Activities Blog)
- How sweet is this Cute Kawaii Paper Kids Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun?!
- A Paper Plate Rainbow Mandala is a great way to teach kids about Buddhism. (Happy Hooligans)
- Or you can make Paper Plate Tissue Rainbows. (Happy Hooligans)
- A craft to use up all that leftover scrapbook paper: a Rainbow Mosaic Craft from Kids’ Activities Blog.
Easy Rainbow Crafts
- Kids of all ages will go crazy for this fun Pipe Cleaner Rainbow Bracelet!
- For tweens and older, this Kids Rainbow Necklace from Kids’ Activities Blog will be a hit!
- Make a Felt Rainbow Magnet to hold their precious creations on the fridge!
- Craft Sticks Rainbow from Easy Peasy and Fun is an easy mixed-media craft for all kids to make.
- Teach kids the order of the rainbow with this simple Rainbow Pony Bead Bracelet.
- Get even the littlest artists painting with these Taste-safe Rainbow Paints from Fireflies & Mudpies.
- DIY your own Scratch Art Rainbow Tree!
- Kids will love making and watching this Rainbow Whirligig twirl in the wind. (Sugar, Spice & Glitter – not pictured)
- This Rainbow Cloud Raindrops adds a pop of color wherever you hang it.
- Learn how to make a DIY cardboard loom with this Paper Plate Rainbow Loom Art from Sugar, Spice & Glitter (not pictured)
Easy Rainbow Crafts for Kids
- Kids can wear their creations with this No-Sew Rainbow Scarf from The Decorated Cookie.
- A great sculpture project – Threading Rainbows on Pipecleaners from De Tout et de Rein.
- This No-Sew Fleece Rainbow Scarf from Soccer Mom Blog is perfect for kids learning to tie knots!
- Homemade Windchimes from Happy Hooligans are simple and fun!
- Let them get a bit messy with this Painted Cotton Ball Rainbow Craft from Fireflies and Mudpies.
- I’ve always loved this Giant Rainbow Collage from The Imagination Tree – so fun!
- You will not believe how easy it is to make these St Patrick’s Day Rainbow Clings!
- Process art and a cute gift to boot with this Painting Rainbow Roses project from Sugar, Spice & Glitter (not pictured)
- Canning lids never sounded so pretty as they do in our Rainbow Button Wind Chime.
- And cardboard tubes never LOOKED so pretty as they do in our Coiled Cardboard Tube Rainbow Mobile.
- You won’t believe what we used to make these sweet Rainbow Jellyfish Craft!
Which of these rainbow crafts would your kids go crazy for?