The brown paper lunch bag has been made into numerous different paper bag puppets over the years. This year, grab the kids and have them make these Halloween puppets, complete with a Jack O’Lantern, black cat, a witch, the mummy, Frankenstein and Dracula!
If you prefer happy faces over scary faces, that’s totally in your control. Simply make facial pieces according to your child’s preferences.
Have a Happy Halloween!
[full printable instructions below]
Paint bags and let them dry. Cut hair, eyes, bow ties, and other embellishments from construction paper. use a glue stick to put it all together.
Halloween Craft: Paper Bag Puppets
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Acrylic paint in green red, purple, black, orange and antique white
- Construction paper
- White paper
- Glue stick
- First you will paint all of your paper bags with acrylic paint and let them dry completely. I used Americana paints in Cherry Red, Lavender, Jack O' Lantern Orange, Antique White, Kelly Green and Black.
- Next you'll cut out shapes from construction paper to embellish your puppets.
- Eyes can be drawn with a black marker on to white paper and then cut out. Alternatively, you can use googly eyes.
- For mouths, glue the teeth onto the mouth hanging over the edge. Then trim by cutting around the outline of the mouth.
- You can make simple clothes like Frankenstein's jacket, Dracula's cape or the witch's dress from construction paper.
- For the mummy, use a black marker to draw on lines to look like bandages. For the Jack O'Lantern, use an orange marker to draw on lines. Other embellishments you can include are bolts for Frankie's neck, use a hole punch in purple paper for the witch's nose wart, and use a marker to draw on noses and Frankie's stitches.
- Use glue stick to attach everything then have a Halloween puppet show!
- Fingerprint Daddy & Me Coffee Mug - May 30, 2023
- Sunflower Welcome Sign - May 16, 2023
- Patriotic Pinwheels - May 9, 2023
My girlfriend made me a dracula one just like the one on this picture using your picture as a guide….. it actually turned out really good :)
Its so ool i want to do that every halloween
Amanda Formaro says
Glad you like them Kirstenania, thanks for stopping by!
Beth @ Hungry Happenings says
Great designs. I just pinned as inspiration.
nest of posies says
so clever and cute!
awesome idea, thank you for the sharing and an other great tute. Love them really!!!!
Carrie @ Crafty Moms Share says
Oh, these are so cute!! We will definitely be making some.
Michele J says
So wonderful and creative!
Oh, my! These are so cute!!!! :)