Need some quick and easy additions to your holiday tree? You can make hot glue icicle ornaments in minutes!
Why we love this craft
Grab your hot glue gun and some colored hot glue sticks to make these in any color of the rainbow. Crafting ornaments does not have to take hours!
These are great because if you are using hot glue for another project and need to run some out through your gun. They will turn that excess glue into something useful! Make these for your own tree or even to give to others this holiday season.
Craft supplies you will need
How to make hot glue icicle ornaments
- Put the glitter hot glue right on the non-stick mat in a line.
- Add other embellishments by moving your hot glue gun back and forth while adding additional glue.
- You can mix two different colors if you would like.
- Add a string near the “top” of your icicle.
- Allow the glue to cool completely then it will peel right off the mat.
- Then you have some gorgeous hot glue icicle ornaments.
You can hang these cute ornaments all over your tree! You won’t believe how easy these are to make! Grab your colored hot glue sticks and start decorating your tree today.
Maybe you didn’t even know there was such a thing as colored hot glue sticks. Well, there is and they are amazing! In fact, there is a whole book related to hot glue crafts that you are going to love.
Hot Glue Hacks and Crafts is available now and perfect for holiday gifting. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about hot glue and how to make great projects like this all out of hot glue. Hot glue shoes? Check. Hot glue lampshade? Oh yes! You really have to see this book! Pick up the book at the links below.
Make your hot glue icicle ornaments today and be sure to ask for Santa for this book. It will be a great addition to your craft arsenal!
More DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Scrabble Tile Ornament
- Pom Pom Ornaments
- Decoupage Wood Slice Ornaments
- Gingerbread Birdhouse Ornament
- Glitter Star Ornaments
I love to create and share my projects with you! I know it’s hard to remember to come back and search, so I’ve made it easy for you with my weekly newsletter! You can subscribe for free and I’ll send you fun crafts every week right to your email.
Hot Glue Icicle Ornaments
- Glitter or colored glue sticks
- Twine or string
- Non stick craft mat
- Put the glitter (or colored) hot glue straight onto your non-stick craft mat in a line.
- Add embellishments by moving your hot glue gun back and forth while adding additional glue.
- At this point, you can mix two different colors if you’d like.
- Add a string near the top of your icicle in a loop formation.
- Allow the glue to cool completely, then peel it right off the mat carefully.
- Hang your icicle ornaments!