Add some pretty botanicals to your decor with this easy project. Choose colors that you love or use my suggestions, then add simple stenciled designs for a great look! I’ll show you how you can easily create this look in less than an hour.
This is a great way to add a little color to your mantle or a shelf, or that awkward empty spot on your wall that’s too small for anything else.
First, I started with some inexpensive canvases. Mine are 4″ x 5″, which were the perfect size for the stencil that I used.
And, speaking of stencils, this is the one that I used. I bought both the stencil and the canvases from Michaels. The stencil is called Botanical Garden from Patio Paint and they are stick-on and reusable.
Simply paint each canvas in your desired colors. I used Craft Smart paint, also available at Michaels (actually, ONLY available at Michaels!) in Sage Green, Island Blue, Mustard Yellow and Golden Brown.
For the stencil color, I used Craft Smart Vanilla. Easy peasy!
Now you should go make some. :)
Stenciled Botanicals on Canvas
- Stencil brush
- 4- 4 x5-inch Canvases Artist’s Loft Back Stapled Traditional Canvas
- DCPS03-K Botanical Garden Patio Paint Home & Garden Reusable Stick on Stencils
- Acrylic sealer spray matte finish
Craft Smart Paint:
- Sage Green
- Island Blue
- Mustard Yellow
- Golden Brown
- Paint the canvases, one for each color, except Vanilla.
- Position stencil onto canvas, use Vanilla to pounce paint onto stencil.
- Repeat for all canvases, using one botanical stencil per canvas.
- Allow them to dry completely, then add a copout or two of acrylic sealer spray.
I originally made these canvases for Michael’s Craft Stores via DecoArt. You can see the project on Michael’s here.