Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets

Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets

Valentine’s Day is coming soon, so you’re going to need something fun to give out tasty treats in! These Valentine buckets, adorned in polka dotted hearts, make for a great gift filled with chocolate or other candies. They can them be used throughout the year as pen/pencil holder or for a variety of other items.

Polka Dotted Heart Valentine BucketsAs you already know, I do some design work for DecoArt. They were looking for a fun Valentine craft to make using their gloss enamel paints for Joann’s Fabric and Craft Stores. So I went to Joann’s and found these adorable little tin buckets and got to work. You can see these on Joann’s site as well here.

Polka Dotted Heart Valentine BucketsThe process is really simple, it just takes a little patience. Cut out a heart shape from a piece of paper and place it in the bucket. I attached mine with a piece of rolled up tape in the center. Then use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot around the heart with Razzle Berry gloss enamel paint. Remove the heart and repeat the heart pattern inside the first heart, using a contrasting color. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Let dry!

Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets
Author: Amanda Formaro
Ingredients
  • Supplies
  • Pink and white tin buckets
  • Paintbrush
  • Americana Gloss Enamels
  • Razzle Berry
  • Tuscan Red
  • Shimmering Silver
  • Lavender
  • White
  • Bright Yellow
  • Calypso Blue
Instructions
  1. Draw a heart on a piece of paper to fit the size of your bucket.
  2. Cut the heart out from plain paper and attach to the front of the bucket using a piece of rolled up tape in the center of the pattern.
  3. Hold the bucket with one hand, pressing the sides of the heart pattern down onto the bucket.
  4. Use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot on enamel paint around the edge of the paper heart.
  5. Once the first set of dots, the initial heart shape, has been created, carefully remove the heart pattern from the bucket.
  6. Now using the dotted heart shape as your guide, choose a second color and add a second set of dots inside the first heart.
  7. Repeat this process, changing colors for each set of hearts.
  8. Allow to dry completely, overnight is best, before using.

Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets

25 Responses to Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets

Odile says:

I love it! so cute! lovely and easy, thank you for share it. Have a nice day from spain under the rain!

Meridith says:

What a great idea – I love these!

Donna Akridge says:

These are so cute and simple. I could use these for birthdays, holidays….oh whatever. With eight grandchildren simple is great.

Brenda Morton says:

These are adorable!!! Quick and oh so easy!! Perfect gift for giving on Valentines Day!!!!

Terri says:

Oh my goodness! These are so cute! It would be the perfect container for Valentine treats.

Cookie 17 says:

These are darling ,,Great job,,,

Katrina says:

Love these! So cute!

Anne Dial says:

They are so cute..a Perfect teacher’s Valentine gift

Crystal says:

So adorable! What a great idea.

Jen says:

Gosh, these are adorable! I’d be thrilled if you’d come and link this fabulousness up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at http://www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

[...] Nos habréis oido mil veces decir que el día de San Valentín no tiene porque traducirse en montañas de regalos para la persona a la que quieres, no tiene por qué ser sinónimo de consumismo desmesurado. Por eso, hoy te proponemos una manualidad a la que puedes dar varios usos que puedes ver en Crafts By Amanda. [...]

Patricia says:

Those buckets turned out so cute. What a great idea! It really dresses up the buckets. (I also like the polka dots on your blog.)

Tricia says:

These are so sweet! And a great use for the rainbow of paint colors that accumulate! :)

Lindy says:

Love it! Great job. I hope you will come by and Link Up to the I Heart Projects Party I am having on my blog.

Bucket says:

This is just insanely cute! And it sounds easy enough for me to actually try it! I found your craft on pinterest!

Kate says:

Those are adorable!

Oooh VERY pretty. love it.

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

[...] by Amanda have this idea of buckets filled with treats for your loved one for Valentines. Very adorable [...]

[...] Aren’t these precious? What a fun little something to give a cook in your life! six. Polka-Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets @ Crafts by Amanda When I was little, my mom made me these sweatshirts embellished with designs formed from [...]

[…] Box 16. Paper Bag Valentines 17. Popsicle Stick Valentines 18. Heart Strings V-Day Craft 19. Polka Dotted Heart Buckets 20. Heart Branch Photo […]

[…] Polka Dotted Heart Valentine Buckets | Crafts by Amanda […]