Valentine’s Day is coming soon, so you’re going to need something fun to give out tasty treats in! These Valentine buckets, adorned in polka dotted hearts, make for a great gift filled with chocolate or other candies. They can them be used throughout the year as pen/pencil holder or for a variety of other items.
As you already know, I do some design work for DecoArt. They were looking for a fun Valentine craft to make using their gloss enamel paints for Joann’s Fabric and Craft Stores. So I went to Joann’s and found these adorable little tin buckets and got to work. You can see these on Joann’s site as well here.
The process is really simple, it just takes a little patience. Cut out a heart shape from a piece of paper and place it in the bucket. I attached mine with a piece of rolled up tape in the center. Then use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot around the heart with Razzle Berry gloss enamel paint. Remove the heart and repeat the heart pattern inside the first heart, using a contrasting color. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Let dry!
- Pink and white tin buckets
- Razzle Berry
- Tuscan Red
- Shimmering Silver
- Bright Yellow
- Calypso Blue
- Draw a heart on a piece of paper to fit the size of your bucket.
- Cut the heart out from plain paper and attach to the front of the bucket using a piece of rolled up tape in the center of the pattern.
- Hold the bucket with one hand, pressing the sides of the heart pattern down onto the bucket.
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot on enamel paint around the edge of the paper heart.
- Once the first set of dots, the initial heart shape, has been created, carefully remove the heart pattern from the bucket.
- Now using the dotted heart shape as your guide, choose a second color and add a second set of dots inside the first heart.
- Repeat this process, changing colors for each set of hearts.
- Allow to dry completely, overnight is best, before using.