A fun way to decorate for the holiday is to create covers for your chairs. Pillow cases are perfect for this and are fun to decorate. For Easter, I’ve created a pattern of a bunny peeking out from behind some decorated Easter eggs.
I used Ink Effects from DecoArt to create this look. Ink Effects is a paintable ink product that you use on paper. After it dries, you iron the design onto your fabric. Thus creating your own iron-ons from any type of picture that you want! Simple paint it, let it dry and iron.
I created the pattern for you. Click here to download it or click on it in the instructions below.
For my pillow case I needed the design to be a bit larger than an 8×11 sheet of copy paper. So I taped them together. HOWEVER, since you will be using an iron and tape will melt, you only want to tape the edges of the paper where the iron won’t touch.
Don’t let the dark colors of the ink scare you. They come out as the bottles indicate, not as dark as they look on paper. See?
See how the design transfers after ironing? Notice the dramatic difference in the colors? Now all that’s left to do is tie some bows from ribbon and hot glue them to the opening seam of the pillow case. Presto, instant Easter chair cover decoration! :)
Special thanks to my crafty neighbor, Debra, for allowing me to use her cute table for my photos!
- 1 standard pillowcase
- Wide pastel colored ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Light green
- Print pattern and enlarge to appropriate size for your pillowcase.
- Paint rabbit orange, the nose and inner ears pink, and eyes and whiskers black.
- Paint the base colors of each egg. We used purple, light green and yellow.
- Paint the decorations on each egg. We used pink and yellow for the flowers, and yellow, green, turquoise and pink for the other decorations.
- Allow to dry for 30-45 minutes.
- Place dry painted pattern face down on pillowcase and iron according to bottle directions.
- Tie bows from ribbon and hot glue or hand sew along the bottom of the pillowcase.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017