Sometimes it’s hard to find Valentines that both boys and girls can agree on. I was watching a rerun of Home Improvement the other night where Brad was going to give a GI Joe Valentine to his girl. Turned out he wouldn’t give it to her at all because some other boy had made her a valentine with his own hands. I bet if Brad had made her one of these cute monsters she would have liked it!
- Card stock in various colors
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Glue stick
- White craft glue
- Fold card stock into small cards for your Valentines.
- Cut simple heart shapes from different colored card stock.
- If making paper eyes from white and green paper, like the one-eyed monster pictured, attach that to the heart first. If using googly eyes, wait until after you've attached the heart to the card.
- To add pipe cleaner arms or antennae, use a piece of tape to attach them to the back of the heart.
- Use glue stick to attach the heart to the card.
- Add googly eyes with white craft glue. You can add eyebrows and smiles with a fine tip marker.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017