Turn a plain veneer snowflake shaped plaque into a striking Scandinavian inspired Christmas decoration for your door. Bright red and clean white are combined for a beautiful contrast that is very apparent in Scandinavian pieces.
You can find these sturdy veneer snowflake plaques at Michaels. This one is made by ArtMinds™. Remove the ribbon hanger and paint the entire surface white.
Start at each tip and use a long liner brush to add your lines in red. Connect and add more lines, and add dots with the handle end dipped in red paint. Cover the entire thing with DuraClear Matte Varnish. Don’t forget to add the hanger back on!
- Americana Berry Red
- Americana Snow (Titanium) White
- DuraClear Varnish - Matte
- ArtMinds Veneer Snowflake Plaque
- Remove ribbon hanger and set aside.
- Paint snowflake with Snow (Titanium) White, 2-3 coats.
- Use a long liner brush and Berry Red paint to add line decorations to snowflake. Begin with a line from each snowflake tip then do lines from all “branches” of the snowflake design.
- Bring the first lines you painted down to within an inch of the center of the snowflake. Connect each one with a line forming an six sided shape in the center.
- Create a star by simply painting diagonal lines that connect from each main branch.
- Use the handle end of your paintbrush to add dots around the star and inside the star.
- When completely dry add 2 coats of DuraClear Matte Varnish.
- Tie hanger back on to plaque.