There’s something about beach themed decor that makes me swoon. I’m not sure if it’s the muted colors of the sea or just the fact that anything beach related seems to invoke a calming sensation within me. Soft blues, greens and natural sand colors are among my favorites. Seashells are such a fun way to dress up something plain so this seemed like a great project for summer or any time you want to bring the beach indoors.
I originally made this project for Hobby Lobby via DecoArt using their Americana paints for the base, and the Americana Writer to write the letters.
You simply paint the blocks, use glue to write the letters on the larger blocks, then press small shells into the glue. Use the 3D Writer paint to write the letters on the smaller blocks. That’s it, easy peasy!
See more of my beach craft ideas here!
- 5- 1” wooden blocks
- 4- 1 ½” wooden blocks
- Tiny seashells
- White craft glue
- Americana Buttermilk
- Americana Spa Blue
- Americana Writer White
- Paint the 1” blocks with Buttermilk and the 1 ½” blocks with Spa Blue.
- Use the White Americana Writer to write “beach” on the smaller blocks.
- Use white craft glue to write the word “sand” on the larger blocks and lay the tiny seashells in the glue to create the letters.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017