If you’re headed to the beach this summer, chances are your kids will collect a lot of seashells. You can turn a bunch of those shells into cute little tropical fish! So pull out the craft paint to make this cute seashell craft for kids.
Note: some links below are affiliate links. That means if you happen to buy something, a small percentage of that sale goes back into this site, which enables me to continue to bring you free tutorials such as this one. So, thanks!
As always, a full printable supply list and instructions are at the end of this post.
For this project you will need the following supplies:
It doesn’t get much easier. Paint your seashells, choosing smaller shells for tails and fins. Once you have chosen which shells go with which, go ahead and glue them together. Glue googly eyes onto your fish.
I used googly eyes with eyelashes. You can use regular ones. The link above in the supplies goes to some with eyelashes if you’re interested. Have fun with it!
More fish crafts
If you like this project, or you’re working on a fish unit, here are a few more fish crafts you might like!
- Assorted seashells
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Paint in tropical colors
- Paint your seashells, choosing smaller shells for tails and fins.
- Once you have chosen which shells go with which, go ahead and glue them together.
- Glue googly eyes onto your fish.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017