There’s something about a rainbow of colors that makes a craft that much more fun. It’s a party for the eyes! When I first sat down to make these sheep, I was going to do a few black ones and that was it. Then I thought I might do black, gray and brown. That’s when it hit me to use colors. Why not? It’s a craft, who says they can’t be colorful, right?? So to see how I made these and to make some yourself, head over to my tutorial on Spoonful. Link below!
Colorful Flock of Craft Stick Sheep
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Googly eyes
- Craft paint in your choice of colors
- Paper plate
- 7 cotton balls per sheep
- White craft glue
- Paint the craft sticks and allow them to dry completely.
- Add some white craft glue to each craft stick, leaving the top and bottom untouched.
- Stick 3 cotton balls on the craft stick in the glue.
- Add some glue to the sides of those three cotton balls and stick two additional cotton balls to both sides.
- Using the same color paints as you did for the craft sticks, paint small patches of color onto a paper plate.
- Cut out tear drop shapes, 2 from each color, for the sheep ears. Glue the ears to the backs of the craft sticks and glue googly eyes in place.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.