It doesn’t have to be Easter to make a fun bunny rabbit craft with the kids. Spring or summer, an animal or forest unit, or even just because you want something colorful to make on a rainy day. I’ll show you how to make these colorful bunnies over at Spoonful.
- Jumbo craft stick(s)
- Colorful craft paint
- Pipe cleaners to match paint color
- White paper
- Orange and green felt
- Miniature pom pom(s)
- 2 small googly eyes (each rabbit)
- Tools: paintbrush, toothpick, white craft glue, scissors, glue stick, fine point black pen
- Paint each craft stick on both sides and allow to dry.
- Cut pipe cleaner into four equal pieces. For the ears, bend two of the pieces in half and twist to close. Coil the other two pieces around a toothpick to make discs for the paws.
- Glue the ears to the back of the craft stick and allow to dry.
- Meanwhile, draw teeth by drawing a rectangle with the fine point black pen. Draw a line down the center of the rectangle and use scissors cut the rectangle out. When the ears have dried, turn the stick over and use glue stick to attach the teeth. Use white craft glue to attach the googly eyes and the pom pom for a nose.
- Cut small triangles from orange and green felt. Cut the tip off the green triangles and fringe the other end by cutting small slits with the scissors. Glue the small end of the green triangle to the large end of the orange triangle.
- Glue the carrot to the front of the craft stick and glue the two pipe cleaner discs overlapping the carrot.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.