I actually drew a little inspiration from somewhere else when making this adorable springtime chick from a foam cup.
I was browsing Pinterest and found this picture (below) of a cute stuffed chick pot sitter.
As soon as I saw it, a foam cup popped into my head. The rest is history. :)
Foam Cup Chick
- 8- ounce foam cup
- Yellow and black craft paint
- Orange card stock
- Yellow patterned scrapbook paper
- 1 yellow or orange pipe cleaner
- Tools: scissors black marker, toothpick, hot glue gun or white craft glue
- Paint the outside of the foam cup yellow and allow to dry.
- Cut simple wings and feet from yellow scrapbook paper. Cut a triangle for the beak from orange card stock. Cut pipe cleaner it half. Line the two halves up next to each other and cut off 1-inch from each one.
- When paint has dried, glue the wings to the sides of the cup. Glue the orange triangle to the front of the cup. Poke two holes in the top-front (near the rim) of the cup and insert the two long pipe cleaners. Poke two holes in the bottom of the cup (will be the top of the chick's head)and insert the two small pipe cleaners. Add a little glue to all the pipe cleaners near the holes.
- Glue the paper feet to the end of the legs. Use the handle end of a paintbrush to dot on two eyes and draw eyebrows on with black marker. Bend the legs and sit your chick on a shelf.
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.