This is a really cute project for Halloween and it looks really cool lit up at night. Fill the completed jug with water then place a large flashlight or camp light behind it. The light will shine through and create a really cool effect that kids will love.
Monster Light Jug craft
- Acrylic paint: purple green, black, white
- ½ sheet of black felt
- White craft glue
- Empty gallon plastic milk container
- Small camping light
- Acrylic sealer spray
- Wash out the milk jug and let it drain.
- Be sure the outside of the jug is dry. Paint a thin layer of purple and green stripes around the jug. (You may want to water down your paint so that it goes on slightly transparent instead of opaque.) Let dry.
- Remove the lid from the milk carton and glue a piece of black felt to the top of the cap. Pipe some glue around the sides of the jug lid and wrap the felt around it. Secure with a piece or yarn or rubber band until it dries completely.
- Paint two eyes and a big smile on the milk jug with black paint. Let dry.
- Add the whites of the eyes with the handle end of a large paint brush. Let dry.
- Use the handle end of a small paint brush to dot a small circle of black onto the whites.
- Untie the yarn or remove the rubber band from the milk jug lid. Cut the felt around the lid in a zigzag fashion to create the monster's hair.
- Spray the dry milk jug with acrylic sealer spray. Let dry and spray again.
- When dry, fill the jug with water and put on the lid (hair).
- At night, place the small light behind the milk jug to illuminate your monster!
- Tulip Wreath - March 21, 2023
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family - March 7, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity Sheets - February 28, 2023
Sounds like a fun craft project. I'm sure kids will love it.
Denise Marie says
wayyyy stinkin' cute!!
Two Little Lambs says
Wow! I love these. So cute and creative. Can't wait to make them.
Great ideas! My grand kids, friends and relatives will love them!
Hey Felicia – do they sell the organic milk in the half gallon plastic jugs? If not, do you buy filtered water? Buy some in the plastic gallon jugs :)
I'm like Rena.. we don't drink huge jugs of milk around here either.. we buy organic and I can't seem to find it in a huge jug LOL!!
Great idea.. and thank you for all of your halloween ideas!! AWESOME!
LOL – yes drink more! Make many! :0D
Very cute! Guess we better drink more milk. Been saving up our cartons to make a skeleton. :)