This is a really cute project for Halloween and it looks really cool lit up at night. Fill the completed jug with water then place a large flashlight or camp light behind it. The light will shine through and create a really cool effect that kids will love.
Monster Light Jug craft
- Acrylic paint: purple green, black, white
- ½ sheet of black felt
- White craft glue
- Empty gallon plastic milk container
- Small camping light
- Acrylic sealer spray
- Wash out the milk jug and let it drain.
- Be sure the outside of the jug is dry. Paint a thin layer of purple and green stripes around the jug. (You may want to water down your paint so that it goes on slightly transparent instead of opaque.) Let dry.
- Remove the lid from the milk carton and glue a piece of black felt to the top of the cap. Pipe some glue around the sides of the jug lid and wrap the felt around it. Secure with a piece or yarn or rubber band until it dries completely.
- Paint two eyes and a big smile on the milk jug with black paint. Let dry.
- Add the whites of the eyes with the handle end of a large paint brush. Let dry.
- Use the handle end of a small paint brush to dot a small circle of black onto the whites.
- Untie the yarn or remove the rubber band from the milk jug lid. Cut the felt around the lid in a zigzag fashion to create the monster's hair.
- Spray the dry milk jug with acrylic sealer spray. Let dry and spray again.
- When dry, fill the jug with water and put on the lid (hair).
- At night, place the small light behind the milk jug to illuminate your monster!