Holly berries aren’t just for Christmas you know. They are a wintertime symbol and these brooches, made from duct tape and jingle bells, would be perfect to wear on New Year’s Eve!
Duct Tape Holly Berry Pins
Instead of pins, you can make these into festive magnets! Simple attach a magnet to the back instead of a pin-back. They would also make great barrettes, simply attach a hair clip or hair tie instead.
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
- Template for holly leaves
- Duct tape (green, white, blue, red, etc)
- 3 jingle bells (red, blue, green, purple, etc)
- String or twine
- Metal pin back
- Measure and cut a piece of duct tape 8-inches long. Fold the tape lengthwise onto itself, sticky side to sticky side. Fold that piece of tape in half to create a crease. Lay one of the leaf patterns on the tape, lining up the flat side of the pattern with the crease of the tape. Cut around the pattern.
- Thread string through the three jingle bells and tie in a knot.
- Tie the jingle bell string around the duct tape holly leaves and use small pieces of duct tape to secure the string to the back. Trim off any excess string.
- Lay pin back onto the back of the holly leaves and secure with small pieces of duct tape. Attach pin to shirt or sweater!
More Christmas ideas:
- Recycled Village of Gingerbread Houses
- Paper Plate Elf
- Pinecone Snowman
- Cardboard Tube Gnomes
- Bottle Cap Holly Craft from Crafty Morning
- 7 Cute Alternatives to Elf on the Shelf from Happy Hooligans
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017