You can literally make this ornament in one minute. I was inspired to make this when I was on my pilgrimage to Michael’s last week. There’s a Pier One next door and you could see through the windows that they had all their Christmas ornaments on display.
So I went in and saw something very similar to this, though their belts were made of a black vinyl with a plastic buckle. They were selling them for $7.99 each! Sheesh!
I went into Michael’s and they were having a sale on ornaments. There was a box of 8 red ball ornies for $4.99, regularly priced at $7.99. I already had the felt and chenille on hand, so these are a very inexpensive alternative! Even with the ornaments at full price, you are talking about $1.00 each as opposed to $7.99 each.
Because of the ornament sale and having the felt and chenille on hand, this ornament cost me $0.62.
Here’s what you need:
Easy Santa’s Belly Ornament
by Amanda Formaro
- red ball ornament
- black felt
- gold chenille stem
- hot glue gun
- Cut a strip of black felt, about ¾" wide, long enough to fit around the center of the ball ornament.
- Using the width of the felt as a guide, bend the chenille into a rectangle for the buckle and trim off the excess.
- Glue the buckle to the center of the felt strip.
- Glue the strip to the middle of the ornament and all the way around it, trimming excess and gluing in place.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017