I’ve been saving the lids from my milk jugs just to make these little cuties, they make a very simple kid’s craft and and fit perfectly in the recycled crafts category! I absolutely love ladybug crafts, you might remember my paper plate ladybugs, or the ladybug rocks I did for Kaboose a few years ago, or the egg carton ladybugs I have on FamilyCorner. I have another ladybug craft I’m working on now and hope to have that posted soon, they are just so cute! :)
In case you’re wondering about all the different colored lids, they come from whole milk, 1% milk, buttermilk and juice. Most of you know I’m a baker and post lots and lots of recipes on my cooking blog, so I go through a lot of buttermilk and whole milk.
I didn’t take any step by step photos of these as they are so easy, step by steps just aren’t necessary. This is a really easy craft for kids, and you only need a few supplies.
Plastic Lid Ladybugs
by Amanda Formaro
What You Do
Optional: You could make these into magnets, but you would need to fill the lid with something first. I would recommend using something lightweight, like cardboard. Cut it into circle and glue it inside the cap, then add a magnet.
- plastic lid from milk jug
- black acrylic craft paint
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- white craft glue
- Wash and dry the plastic lid. Paint on the head by using a paintbrush to add an almond shape at one end of the lid.
- Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint to add the spots. Make some spots larger than others. Let all the paint dry.
- Use white craft glue to add the wiggle eyes.
- Optional: You could make these into magnets, but you would need to fill the lid with something first. I would recommend using something lightweight, like cardboard. Cut it into circle and glue it inside the cap, then add a magnet.
I’m participating in the following craft carnivals. To see some other awesome projects, be sure to visit them!
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish - March 30, 2017
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017