Halloween is coming. If you need a really easy project for younger kids, this is it. This spooky eyeball bucket project is perfect for little ones. For really young children you can help them along by cutting out the eyes ahead of time.
This bucket is really easy to make and little ones can carry it around trick or treating!
- Black plastic bucket
- Yellow construction paper
- Black marker
- White craft glue
- Black craft paint
- If there's a design on the bucket, sand it down with sandpaper then scuff up the rest of the bucket.
- Paint the bucket with black paint. This step is not necessary if the bucket is already black and does not have a design.
- Draw several sizes and shapes of eyes on yellow construction paper. Cut the eyes out, keeping the two eyes stuck together rather than cutting them out individually.
- Turn the eye shapes over so that the pencil lines are underneath.
- Draw eyeballs on with black marker.
- Glue eyes all over bucket.
I originally made this project for Kaboose, which was then bought out by Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.