Easy Santa’s Belly Ornament

You can literally make this ornament in one minute. I was inspired to make this when I was on my pilgrimage to Michael’s last week. There’s a Pier One next door and you could see through the windows that they had all their Christmas ornaments on display.

So I went in and saw something very similar to this, though their belts were made of a black vinyl with a plastic buckle. They were selling them for $7.99 each! Sheesh!

I went into Michael’s and they were having a sale on ornaments. There was a box of 8 red ball ornies for $4.99, regularly priced at $7.99. I already had the felt and chenille on hand, so these are a very inexpensive alternative! Even with the ornaments at full price, you are talking about $1.00 each as opposed to $7.99 each.

Because of the ornament sale and having the felt and chenille on hand, this ornament cost me $0.62.

Here’s what you need:

Easy Santa’s Belly Ornament
by Amanda Formaro

[printable version]

you will need

red ball ornament
black felt
gold chenille stem
hot glue gun
scissors

what you do

Cut a strip of black felt, about 3/4″ wide, long enough to fit around the center of the ball ornament. Using the width of the felt as a guide, bend the chenille into a rectangle for the buckle and trim off the excess. Glue the buckle to the center of the felt strip. Glue the strip to the middle of the ornament and all the way around it, trimming excess and gluing in place.

That’s it! Have fun :)

35 Responses to Easy Santa’s Belly Ornament

artsy_momma says:

I love it! I think I am going to try making this one but may have to use different materials.

Tiffiny Felix says:

Your crafts are always so darn cute! I really want to do something fun and crafty with my kids before Christmas…these little Santa Belly ornaments are so easy I might actually get to them ;) Thanks!

Sue Sparks says:

ADORABLE!!!

Janice says:

You had me worried there, I thought you had had a piercing lol!

Kara@ Creations by Kara says:

That is so stinkin' cute!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom says:

Very nice – I can't imagine the store bought ornaments would have been any more cute.

Thanks everyone, they were super fast and easy and I was really pleased with how they came out ;)

Leanne says:

Oh, so cute ornaments. These are all so cute. I'm going to have to make some of these. Maybe not this year. ha-ha!

Thank you Leanne, I appreciate that! These are super quick and very easy to make :)

Wonder Mom says:

LOVE how you think- CHEAP and CUTE!

Thanks Wonder Mom! It was definitely frugal :)

Sew Much Ado says:

Okay I love that! So cute and creative!

Shirley says:

Now, that's really easy and so cute!! I'm makin' me one of them. I may have all the stuff even!

Jen says:

Soooo cute! I have leftover red ornaments from the dollar store that will be perfect for this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you ladies, hope you make them, so easy! :)

jennwa says:

I love that!!!!!

Maria says:

Fun! I will have to remember this one for the holidays!

alba says:

Great Idea I have red Ornaments sitting in the basement I have the felt and the chenille, Always looking for a cute gift ideas for the girls at work.
    Ann

Nikki says:

So cool I think I’ll make some this x-mas! :D

[...] Easy Santa’s Belly Ornament | Crafts by Amanda. // Filed Under: [...]

Karen says:

So cute ! Love it!

Kristy. says:

Every year I make new ornaments and give to family and friends. This will be one of them.

Sarah Phillips says:

This is adorable. Can’t wait to make one, just hope I can find some red balls. Thank you for this idea

[...] I made these treat cups this week for Craftown.com. If you would like to make some, you can find the Santa’s Belly Treat Cups tutorial here. If you like Santa’s belly crafts, check out my Glittery Santa’s Belly Jar and my Santa’s Belly Ornament. [...]

[...] you liked this you will probably like my Santa’s Belly Ornament as [...]

[…] we decided to go in and have a look. Last year I did the same thing and was inspired to make this Santa’s Belly Ornament. They had one for sale there last year, so I made my own […]

Terri says:

Love Love Love this ho ho ho santas belly out of all u showed herein .. Yet another Great ornament to share and tell all about .. Yeahhhhhh ! ty ty Amanda.. why didnt i think of that ? hahaha Ho Ho HO i mean hahaha Merry Christmas to u and one and all herein … :)

Linda Welter says:

Cant wait to give this a try….may even use it at our 50+ members family Christmas Eve. Would be a wonderful, simple and soooo cute project for everyone to do. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas…

[…] süslerinin üzerine işte böyle minik bir noel baba kemeri yapmak :) Ben pek şirin buldum bunu […]

[…] buckle with glue and sprinkle on gold glitter. I originally saw this awesome ornament idea over at Crafts by Amanda. Hers is made using different materials so be sure to check it […]