These witch’s hats are easy enough that young kids can make them and whimsical enough that even adults will enjoy the project.
Simple adjustments in embellishments will allow you to change the difficulty level. So whether it’s little ones that need a fun project, or you have a craving for crafting yourself, these hats make a great table decoration! Make a few for this year’s Halloween party.
Hope you like them!
- 2 sheets of black construction paper
- 1 sheet felt (green, orange, purple, or red)
- Strip of black felt
- White craft glue
- Roll 1 sheet of black paper into a cone. Secure with tape.
- Trim the bottom of the cone so that it will stand up on the table.
- Use a cup or jar as a guide and cut out a circle from black paper large enough for the hat brim.
- Glue the cone to the circle and set aside to dry.
- Cut ¼” or ½” strips of felt and glue them around the cone.
- Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
- If you like, cut a bat out of black felt and glue to your hat.
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017