It seems that rustic inspired home decor is quite the booming trend. Rustic signs add character and make your space seem warm and homey. In honor of all the unrefined rustic ideas floating around out there, we’ve compiled a round-up of 30 + DIY Rustic Sign Projects to get you inspired to bring rustic charm to your own home! These signs make for great recycled projects using old wood from a barn, shipping crates, salvage yards, or that you find laying on the side of the road.
30 + DIY Rustic Sign Projects
Alright everyone, grab your creativity pants and be prepared to get inspired. Here we’ve collected so many lovely rustic sign ideas and the cool part is that you can make them in every which way. Personalize them to a quote you love, a special date, a certain pattern, specific colors and so much more. This will be a fun adult craft where there is tons of room for creativity and personalization, we’re only getting you started!
DIY Rustic Signs
- Rustic Wood Blessed Sign – What a great way to remember all the States you’ve lived in by making a memorable sign.
- Key to my Heart Sign – This would make a very sweet and romantic gift for someone.
- Easy Main Street Sign – I love the idea of using scrap pieces of wood to make signs for the house.
- Rustic Pallet Sign – Pallet projects are simply the best, they automatically turn any sign into rustic feel.
Burlap, distressing, chippy and more!
- Farmers Market Sign – Another great way to make a rustic sign is to use an old window. This turned out beautiful.
- Love Rope Sign – Now this is a perfect rustic sign, it’s great how they incorporated the rope.
- Rustic Painted Arrows – They used pieces of extra wood to make these rustic arrow signs. So pretty.
- Rustic Sign DIY – Create your own DIY rustic sign with just a little paint!
- Home is Where the Heart is Sign – This is another favorite rustic sign, I just love the saying they used.
- Weathered Beach Sign – These rustic beach signs really brighten up my home.
- Giant Flash Cards – These giant flash cards are perfection for the kids playroom or craft room.
More Great DIY Rustic Sign Inspiration
- Newport Beach Sign – I love making this rustic sign for my bathroom, it’s exactly the distance from Newport Beach to my house.
- Wooden Farmhouse Sign – These farmhouse signs are so popular right now and really easy to make.
- Reclaimed Wood Monogram – What a great take on the rustic sign, using it to make your monogram.
- DIY Potting Shed Sign – What a clever idea adding the rack to this rustic sign. Perfect for the garden.
- Pallet Wood Welcome Sign – Your guests will love seeing this rustic welcome sign when they walk in the door.
- Irish Blessing Wood Sign – Now this is a beautiful and sentimental sign for the house.
- Galvanized Market Sign – Rustic signs can get pretty pricey at stores, so making one yourself is a great option. They just used an extra piece of wood for theirs.
Rustic Kitchen Signs
- Vintage Egg Sign – I love the look of a distressed sign, so making this one for my kitchen was a great idea.
- DIY Dairy Kitchen Sign – This is a project that can be done with a scrap piece of wood and made in no time!
- Rustic Metal EAT Sign – They actually used beadboard to make their rustic sign!
- Farmhouse Sign – Another great Farmhouse sign for the kitchen, they’ve actually added some extra rustic details.
- DIY Scrap Wood EAT Sign – Now this is a statement piece for the kitchen, love how this sign turned out.
- Mason Jar Pallet Art – Everyone loves mason jars, so to make a rustic mason jar sign is an awesome idea!
- Grocery Sign – This blogger creates some AMAZING rustic signs, this one is so cool, clever and chic!
- Distressed EAT Sign – Here’s one of my favorite rustic signs I made for the house. I thought adding the silverware was a cool idea.
Holiday Rustic Signs
- Rustic Fall Coastal Sign – What a great take on a rustic Fall sign.
- Large Wooden “Gather” Sign – I love how they added this large rustic sign to their front porch area. Feels very welcoming.
- Rustic “O Come Let us Adore Him” Sign – Rustic signs are always a great addition to any holiday decor, especially with sayings like this.
- DIY Woodland Sign – I can see this rustic sign up all winter long.
- DIY Christmas Sign – This is perfect for the holidays, especially if you’re looking for that rustic feel.
- Rustic Give Thanks Sign – Stain an extra piece of wood to give it that rustic feel, perfect for Fall.
- Wood Scrap Heart Sign – What a great idea, using scrap pieces and making it a giant rustic heart.
I hope all these awesome ideas give you some inspiration and get your wheels turning on what exactly you want to do! If you’re looking to use wood for a project in a more refined way, check out how to make State String Art using wooden boards and some embroidery floss! Or if you are strictly looking for more ideas on how to decorate your walls, check out these 30+ DIY Canvas Wall Art Ideas!