Forget the day-before rush to the grocery store to pick up a box of character valentines with lame-o greetings. This year, make your Valentine’s Day extra special with these simple and easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards!
Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards
Our love for Easy Homemade Valentine’s Cards is deep and well-documented.
There is simply no better way to express your love than with a card – whether you go for heartfelt sentiments or a cute message, these cards will be cherished for long after the box of chocolates has been devoured.
There are fun ideas here to make with your kids – or to make yourself to give to a special someone! We have homemade Valentine’s Day cards for all ages and skill levels.
Painted Valentine’s Day Cards
(Clockwise from top left corner)
- A unique and fun painting activity that creates some unique Straw Blown Hearts. (from The Imagination Tree)
- Wax Resist Valentine’s from Happy Hooligans create gorgeous watercolor valentine’s.
- These Secret Message Valentine’s will make sure your love doesn’t remain a secret anymore!
- This Cardboard Heart Stamping activity from Happy Hooligans is easy enough for even the youngest kids to help make!
- A sweet card kids can make together – a Heart Fingerprint Tree from Easy Peasy and Fun.
- If you’ve never made your own puffy paint, this Puffy Paint Heart craft is the perfect one to change all of that. (From Happy Hooligans)
- Shake things up with these DIY Scratch Off Valentine’s (which are super easy to make!) (not pictured)
- You can never have enough handprint or fingerprint crafts when the kids are little – so check out this fun toddler craft from Red Ted Art. (not pictured)
3D Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards
- Monsters need love, too! And it doesn’t hurt that these Monster Valentine’s are pretty cute, too!
- This Valentine’s Day Card from Kids Activities Blog is a sensory experience meets art project!
- You can really let your kids’ creativity shine with these Robot Valentine’s.
- I love the playful sophistication of this Heart Bouquet from Red Ted Art.
- If you’ve been wanting to try paper quilling, this easy Heart Quill Card from Red Ted Art looks like the perfect first project!
- If your Valentine loves Owls, they are going to think these Owl Valentine’s from Kids Activities Blog are a real hoot!
- Love can make you feel like you’re floating – so why not say it with a Balloon Card like this one from Red Ted Art.
- There are so many creative ways to make these Neon String Art Valentine’s from Dream a Little Bigger.
- Forget flowers, give them a bouquet of hearts like these ones from Make and Takes.
- This interactive Ladybug Valentine is a fun twist on the love bug idea. (From Skip to my Lou – not pictured)
- Use up scrap fabric with this Scrap Fabric Valentine’s Card from Happy Hooligans. (not pictured)
- A homemade pop-up card is surprisingly easy to make! (from Red Ted Art – not pictured)
- Turn a simple cupcake liner into an impromptu picture frame like Red Ted Art. (not pictured)
- If you have a bunch of scrapbook paper lying around, why not let the kids make some Scrapbook Paper Valentine’s like Crafts by Courtney. (below)
- Or if you have a bunch of ribbon scraps, this Ribbon Card from Happy Hooligans is a great way to use them up. (below)
- Or maybe you have a bunch of yarn you need to destash? We have you covered there, too, with this Yarn Heart Card from Red Ted Art. (below)
Which of these Homemade DIY Valentine’s Day Cards will you be making with your kids this year?
This post was originally published on this blog on Jan 10, 2018.