“May the odds be ever in your favor!” Famous words from a famous book series called The Hunger Games. If you’re a fan like we are, then you recognized that quote immediately. So why not take a piece of that book with you wherever you go? These Hunger Games charms are perfect for keychains or necklaces!
With the new movie coming out this Friday, I thought this would be a great project!
I keep mine on my keychain and gave the other to my daughter. These are really easy to make. You can use a page from your book, or instead of cutting from your actual book make a photocopy. I don’t physically have the books, I bought them as e-books for my Kindle. So I did a screenshot of the sections that I wanted.
Here are the sections I used. You can use whatever you like. A favorite passage or section, maybe a quote that you really liked.
You will need these Mod Podge Acrylic Shapes that can be found at craft stores. I’m not sure if Walmart carries them but it’s quite possible. They are really fun little charms that can be decoupaged and embellished. Some come with a hanger hole at the top, those are the ones that I used. Another project I made with these were these family photo magnets. That’s an example of using the shapes without the hanger.
Position the podgeable over the top of your book page.
Trace around it with a pen or pencil then cut out the shape.
Apply decoupage medium to the back of the podgeable and press it firmly onto the book page cut-out. Make sure it’s positioned the way that you want, then add a layer of decoupage medium to the back and allow to dry. NOTE that I also used some scrapbook paper as a border, simply cut the scrapbook paper in the same shape and trim the book page to allow the paper to show beneath it.
Use jump rings to embellish book page charms with bird or key, or other charm that you like. These charms I found at Michaels.
And in case you missed it, here’s another Hunger Games craft idea – Glittering Mockingjay Emblem
- Podgeable shapes (rectangle and oval)
- Decoupage medium
- Hunger Games book page or print out ours
- Additional charms such as a key and/or bird
- Jump rings
- Print out our examples or make a photocopy of the section in your book you would like to use. You may need to adjust the print size to fit your shapes. Position the clear podgeable shape over the section to want to display and trace around the podgeable with a pen.
- Cut out the shape, trimming inside your trace line to make it a little smaller. You can also trim that book page print out a bit smaller yet and attach it to colored scrapbook paper as I did with the rectangle charm. This will give it a border.
- Apply decoupage medium to the back of the podgeable and press it firmly onto the book page cut-out. make sure it's positioned the way that you want, then add a layer of decoupage medium to the back and allow to dry.
- Use jump rings to embellish book page charms with bird or key.
- Use these charms on a necklace or keychain!
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish - March 30, 2017
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017