Chasing leprechauns are ya? He’s winking because he’s knows he’s tricky and it will take a lot for you to catch him! Make this fun winking leprechaun from a paper plate and construction paper. A great St. Patrick’s Day craft for a classroom too!
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids
- 3D Tissue Paper Shamrock
- End of the Rainbow Loot Buckets
- Monster Cards for St. Patrick’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher
- Craft Stick Leprechaun Hat
- Rainbow Crafts for Kids
- St. Patricks Day Activity Sheets
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
Winking Paper Plate Leprechaun
- Paper plate
- Construction paper: green black, yellow, orange
- Green glitter
- Peach paint
- 1 large googly eye
- Pink crayon
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Black marker
- Glue stick and/or white craft glue
- Pattern for paper plate leprechaun
- Paint the center of the paper plate with peach paint and set aside to dry.
- Print the patterns. Cut out the hat from green paper, hat band from black, the buckle from yellow and the shamrock from green paper.
- Cover the shamrock with glue and sprinkle with green glitter. Tap off the excess and set aside to dry.
- Tear orange paper into strips and then into squares.
- Glue the orange squares around 2/3 of the paper plate.
- Make sure the hat will cover any white areas of the plate.
- Assemble the hat and glue it to the top of the paper plate. Tear two small strips of orange paper and glue on as eyebrows.
- Add one googly eye and use a marker to draw a curved line for the winking eye. use marker to add a nose and smile. Color two pink circles for cheeks.
- Cut gold pipe cleaner in half and save the other half for another project. Glue a piece of black paper around the end for the pipe.
- Poke a small hole in the leprechaun’s mouth and push the pipe cleaner through to the back of the plate.
- Bend it over and tape it to the back of the plate to hold it in place.
I originally made this project for Kix Cereal