St. Patrick’s Day is a fun time for celebrations and kids love throwing a party! A party means treat cups, so I’ve put together an easy project for you. Fill these with toys, trinkets and candy to send home with party guests.
- Green paper cup
- Rainbow duct tape
- 3 large green sequins
- 1 medium green sequin
- Glue dot
- Treats to fill the cup, such as individually wrapped butterscotch discs, Rolos® or Werthers® candies
- To create the handle for your treat cup, measure and cut a 10-inch long piece of rainbow duct tape.
- Fold the length of the tape by one-third onto itself, leaving one-third of the sticky side showing.
- Fold the sticky third down onto the first fold of tape so that no sticky tape remains.
- Cut a small strip of tape and attach it to one end of the handle. Repeat at the other end.
- Stick the handle inside the cup on both sides.
- Cut another small strip of tape and roll it up, sticky side facing out. Put the three large sequins together to form a clover shape. Place the rolled tape in the center of all three to hold them all together.
- Stick the rolled tape side to one side of the handle on the cup.
- Press the medium sized sequin onto a glue dot and pick it up, then press it to the center of the clover. Fill your cups with toys, trinkets, candy and whatever loot you desire!
I originally made this project for Spoonful. Spoonful has since closed and the instructions were taken down. I am putting the instructions here until such time that Spoonful projects are redirected to a new home. At that time I will remove the instructions and link directly to the project on their site.