Here’s a fun project for Thanksgiving the kids will love! They can make these sweet little napkin rings from colored card stock and their fingerprints! You can personalize each one so they will also act as place settings for the kid’s table.
Because this craft uses paint, it might not be one that you want to deal with on Thanksgiving day. I suggest having the kids make these a day or two beforehand to get ready for the big family meal.
[Full printable version below] Click the collar of step by step photos for an enlarged view.
- Card stock
- Acrylic paints in fall colors plus black and white
- Small paintbrush
- Glue stick
- White paint pen
- Click here for the pattern
- First you'll need to print out the pattern. Use the pattern to cut out your templates from card stock.
- Kids will dip their fingers in acrylic paint and press them onto the feather areas on the template. Alternate colors as you go. Have kids use their thumb or forefinger to make the body and head with brown paint. Set aside to dry.
- When dry, use the handle end of a paintbrush to add white eyes.
- Use a toothpick dipped in orange paint to add the beaks.
- Dip the toothpick in red paint to add the gobblers. Let everything dry.
- After the white eyes have dried completely, use toothpick to dot black onto the eyes.
- Use white paint pen to write your guests' names on the turkey's body.
- Trim the ends of the napkin ring depending on the size of your napkins.
- Coil the card stock into a ring and use a glue stick to hold together. Roll up the napkin and insert into napkin ring.