These pretty coasters are made from recycled CDs or DVDs. We all have at least 2 or 3 of these lying around, so if you don’t have enough simply ask a friend. A pretty stencil and a little paint and these festive and green coasters can be gracing your Thanksgiving table this year!
I originally made these for Michaels craft stores and DecoArt using their Americana acrylic paints and a Tracy Moreau Americana Classic Stencil.
The name of the stencil is Jacobean Floral if you happen to love it as much as I do and want to search for it at Michaels!
So many people loved my Recycled CD Coasters from last month that I thought it would be fun to make a fall inspired version. Only this time instead of fabric and Mod Podge I chose to use paint and a stencil.
You could do these in any color that you want, but my plates are a variety of fall colors, so I chose to do the same with my coasters.
Use whatever colors work for you.
It’s a pretty simple project really! Just sand, paint and stencil. Then glue some felt circles to the back and you are all set!
Get the full printable instructions below.
- 4 recycled CDs or DVDs
- E6000 Glue
- Felt, in colors that match your CD colors (maroon, orange, ivory, dark green)
- DuraClear Matte Varnish
- Tracy Moreau Americana Classic Stencil – Jacobean Floral
- Tangelo Orange
- Alizarin Crimson
- Leaf Green
- White Wash
- Sand the shiny side of the CD/DVD’s enough to rough them up and remove the coating.
- Paint each CD a different color (Buttermilk, Tangelo Orange, Alizarin Crimson, Leaf Green). Repeat for two more coats.
- Stencil on the designs using White Wash, touch up with a fine line brush if needed.
- Finish with two coats of DuraClear Varnish.
- Cut felt into circles about ¼” smaller in diameter of the CD.
- Use E6000 to attach the felt circles to the back of the CDs.