Memorial Day is a day of remembrance, a day in which we honor those who have passed during active military services. If you’re looking for a way to enlighten your child on what Memorial Day is, and why it’s an important day of remembrance, this roundup of 24+ Memorial Day Crafts and Recipes are a great way to sit down, explain the background, and do a craft or recipe in the process. We’ve collected adult crafts and kid’s crafts alike to get you started!
24+ Memorial Day Crafts and Recipes
There are many ways to remember those who have fallen in the line of duty, and creating something that will further the remembrance every time you pass by it is something even greater.
We’ve collected home decor projects listed below that will do just that, and if you knew someone in the line of duty, you can easily personalize these crafts to suit. This roundup is compiled of simple memorial day crafts, kid’s craft, and memorial day treats
MEMORIAL DAY HOME DECOR
- DIY Patriotic Sign – A pledge of allegiance sign is the perfect way to show off your patriotic spirit!
- Star Luminaries – These are great for Memorial Day or even July 4th, adds a great touch to the table.
- DIY Flag Lanterns – This is a simple lantern project you can have done in no time!!
- Patriotic Cupcake Liner Wreath – Wreaths are a great addition to any decor, give it a patriotic feel with some red, white and blue cupcake liners.
SIMPLE MEMORIAL DAY CRAFTS
- Deco Mesh Wreath – Show your support by making a fabulous wreath for your front door!
- Patriotic Colored Rice Jars – This is a pretty clever idea coloring the rice red, white and blue for your table setting.
- Patriotic Utensil Holder – I loved working on this and making a fun way to display our utensils for the BBQ.
- Epsom Salt Luminaries – The texture is a great way to create a fun look out of the ordinary.
- Patriotic Flower Pots – I love an upcycle project so making these flower pots out of cans is a wonderful idea.
- American Flag Bandana Wreath– Another great wreath idea to show off your patriotic pride!
- Patriotic Paper Lollies – These are an amazing centerpiece for any table setting and looks pretty easy to make.
- Flag Wreath – This is a cool wreath idea and I love what they used to make it, so clever!
MEMORIAL DAY KIDS CRAFTS
- Military Clothespin Airplanes – Get the kids involved with Memorial Day and make some military-style airplanes.
- Patriotic Parade Stick – Before you head out to a Memorial Day parade make these parade sticks with the kids!
- Patriotic Lantern – Another fun kids craft you can work on with them at school or even at home this Memorial Day!
- Mosaic Flag – The kids can show off their patriotism with this fun flag craft.
YUMMY MEMORIAL DAY TREATS
- Red, White and Blue Cupcakes – This treat will surely impress your guests this Memorial Day!
- Cupcakes in Wine Goblets – I think this would make a great treat or even a party favor to take home.
- Patriotic Candy Bark – The classic bark candy gets a fun patriotic makeover for this holiday!
- Flag Marshmallow Pops – This is a fun treat to get the kids involved with!
- Patriotic Cupcakes – These cupcakes will give a festive feel to any Memorial Day gathering.
- Memorial Day Cookies – I love how these cookies are made, they look simply amazing!
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats – What a fun twist on a patriotic treat!
- Angel Food Patriotic Delight – I think these will look amazing and delightful on any table setting!
From my cooking blog, we have these adorable patriotic Mini Shortcake Cups, American Flag Brownies, and American Flag Fruit Kabobs. All of which are perfect for a Memorial Day cookout or a 4th of July celebration.
Don’t forget to check out the Memorial Day Craft Section or visit my cooking blog and check out this Patriotic Candy Bark. I hope you find inspiration with these Memorial Day Crafts and Recipes. Let’s not forget what this day is all about, remembrance and honor.