There is nothing better than putting on Christmas songs, cranking up the furnace and doing some Christmas crafts with the kids. Today we’re sharing 35 Simple Christmas Crafts for Kids perfect for a cozy afternoon.
Christmas Crafts for Kids
Christmas has so many fun options for crafting – you can make ornaments, window displays, table decor, homemade gifts, wearable crafts and more! It was hard to pick just 35 Christmas Crafts to include in this collection but we’re delighted with each and every one we’re sharing below – and hope your kids are, too!
Christmas Tree Crafts for Kids
- Homemade Cards are such a special surprise to receive in the mail!
- This Christmas Tree Whirligig from Red Ted Art looks complicated but it couldn’t be easier.
- My favorite thing about this Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees from Easy Peasy and Fun is that they can stand on their own – perfect for decorating.
- Put all those leftover scraps of ribbon from gift wrapping to good use with this simple Scrap Ribbon Tree Ornament from Fireflies and Mudpies.
- If you’re getting a filterless coffee machine for Christmas, this Coffee Filter Christmas Tree is a great way to use all those filters up!
- The perfect way to use up leftover paper plates from holiday entertaining: this Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft from Easy Peazy and Fun.
- This Accordion Paper Christmas Tree craft from Easy Peasy and Fun comes together in minutes!
- Another great way to use up leftover household items – check out this Christmas Tree Made of Straws from Crafts by Courtney.
Snowman Crafts for Kids
- Save your spot in your favorite Christmas stories with this Snowman Bookmark from Red Ted Art.
- Make a trio of Paper Plate Buddies – we’ve got plans for Santa, a Snowman and Rudolph!
- You just need two materials to make these Simple Snowman Belly Jars – perfect for filling with treats!
- Is that Pinecone Snowman SKIING?!?!
- Another awesome way to get rid of leftover materials from entertaining, check out these Plastic Spoon Snowman Planters.
- Another awesome use for cardboard tubes – make a group of snowmen and their friends!
- Our Melted Glue Snowman is a cute craft that just needs two materials that you probably already have in your craft stash!
Santa and Friends Crafts
- This Paper Plate Elf can be made as-is or turned into a cute Elf mask!
- Kids can make up their own stories or plays with this cute Santa Puppet Printable from Red Ted Art.
- How sweet is that curly beard on Easy Peasy and Fun’s Paper Cone Santa?
- These Christmas Reindeer Treat Bags from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons would be perfect for a classroom treat!
- You probably already have everything you need to make these simple Toilet Roll Reindeer Ornaments from Happy Hooligans.
- This Paper Bag Reindeer Puppet would be perfect for helping to tell the story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer or any other classic Christmas story!
Easy Kid-Made Christmas Ornaments
- This Simple Wreath Collage from Kids Activities Blog will keep little ones busy for awhile!
- Our Gingerbread Birdhouse Ornament looks good enough to eat!
- Even the youngest kids can help with these Easy Swirly Christmas Ornaments from the Decorated Cookie.
- This Sponge Painted Stocking Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun is also a great lacing activity for fine motor skills.
- A Craft Stick Star Ornament from Happy Hooligans is perfect if you have mixed traditions in your home.
- Nothing says Christmas like an Ugly Sweater Ornament! (from Kids Activities Blog)
- This Glitter CD Christmas Ornament from Happy Hooligans is the best use for your old, scratched-up CDs that I can think of!
- Kids can make this Simple Sharpie Snowflake Apron and then wear it to bake their favorite holiday treats!
- Another wearable craft, check out our simple Duct Take Holly Pin tutorial.
- How beautiful is this simple Faux Stained Glass Nativity Scene from Meaningful Mama. (not pictured)
- Paper Snowflakes are a Christmas classic – and this version is a fun twist! (not pictured)
- These Paper Poinsettas from Red Ted Art would be a great way to decorate bare walls for the holidays. (not pictured)
- This Cardboard Tube Paper Village is so much more special than any overpriced village set you can buy from a store. (below picture in the center) Make some Cardboard Tube Gnomes to live there!
- These Glitter Star Ornaments give you that beautiful glittery look without the mess!
And lastly, don’t forget to grab our FREE printable letter to Santa for the kids! Merry Christmas!
This post originally appeared here on Nov 27, 2017.