Frames are an easy and inexpensive way to accessorize any room in your home. They also make fabulous gifts and can be tailored to anyone’s tastes. These wooden frames are only a dollar at most craft stores, making them a really frugal gift too! This vintage looking frame holds a simple quotation and it’s very easy to make.
I put this together for Michael’s Craft Stores via DecoArt. I used Craft Smart paint, which is an inexpensive paint only available from Michael’s. It’s great for easy projects like this and ideal for kid’s crafts too!
|Vintage Quotation Frame||
- Matte Varnish
- Square wooden frame
- [url href=http://craftsbyamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/VintageFrameQuote.pdf]Quotation print out[/url]
- Craft Smart Paint:
- Robins Egg Blue
- Paint the frame with Vanilla.
- Use something hard to scratch indentations into the wood. A small pair of pliers or even the little dowel from the back of the frame works great.
- Paint over the Vanilla with a layer of Espresso.
- Dry brush Robins Egg Blue over the dry Espresso layer, wiping excess paint off the brush before applying. Leave some areas with the Espresso showing through.
- Dry brush Vanilla over the Robins Egg Blue in various areas of the frame.
- When everything is dry, use a sander to remove paint from the edges and corners, and go over the entire thing lightly. It’s alright if you remove a little of the paint along the way.