This cute hat is easy to make and fun for young kids. A great paper pasting project and a way to make something they can wear. Fun as a takeaway for a St. Patrick’s Day party!
4-Leaf Clover Paper Plate Crown
- Paper plate
- Green and yellow construction paper
- Green pipe cleaner
- Glue stick
- Clover pattern
- Tear the construction paper into strips and then the strips into squares. Turn the paper plate upside down and cover the center of the plate with glue stick.
- Cover the center of the plate with pieces of green construction paper. You can use scissors to trim off the overlap. Next, cover the outer edge of the plate with glue stick.
- Cover the rest of the plate with squares of yellow construction paper. Turn the plate over and trim off the excess.
- Print and cut out the pattern of the half-clover. Fold the paper plate in half. You can fold it from either side, inside or out, whichever you find easiest. Place the straight side of the pattern along the folded edge of the plate. Cut along the center circle of the plate, cutting out the clover sections LEAVING the stem in place.
- Fold at the stem to stand the clover up. Fold it back down and turn the plate over. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and glue to the center of the clover. This will provide stability and allow it to stand up on its own.
I originally created this project for Kix Cereal.