Do you have monster loving kids? Then these fun St. Patrick’s Day monster themed cards are the perfect project for them. A great way to wish their friends good luck and show their creativity! I made these for Spoonful and I’ve gotta say, too fun!
- Card stock in shades of green
- Scrapbook paper or card stock in green patterns
- Green yarn
- Googly eyes
- 2 small silver pom poms
- Black marker
- White craft glue
- Glue stick
- Fold card stock into cards. Use solid colored card stock for patterned monsters.
- For the yarn monster, draw lines with white craft glue directly onto the front of the card. Cut yarn into pieces and place onto glue lines.
- Use the pattern provided to cut out monster shapes from patterned scrapbook paper. Use a glue stick to attach them to the front of the cards.
- Add features and embellishments using googly eyes, markers, pom poms, and scrap paper.
- For the ghost shaped monster I drew two antennae with a marker and glued silver pom poms to the ends. I drew lines on white scrap paper to create the teeth, cut them out and added them with glue stick. I finished him off with a large yellow googly eye.
- For the shamrock monster I cut teeth and sharp claws from white scrap paper and added them with a glue stick. I traced around everything with a fine point black marker (optional) and drew on eyebrows and mouth. Finished him off with monster googly eyes.
- For the yarn monster I drew a big bushy eyebrow hovering above his body and added a jumbo sized googly eye.