If you have a garden then you’re probably like me and enjoy dressing it up with fun new garden crafts each year. Instead of hitting the garden center, you can make your own garden decorations at home! Here are my favorite crafts for gardens all in one handy list. Pick a favorite or two and get crafting!
26 Garden Crafts to Try This Summer
The projects below are sorted into four separate categories. While these outdoor crafts may be better suited for summer, depending on where you live you may be able to leave them out all year long. Whether you’re going for a colorful garden look or a vintage, rustic vibe, there is something for your garden within this list.
Here’s what you’ll find below:
- Seven Garden Pots
- Six Garden Markers
- Ten Garden Decorations
- Four Fairy Garden Crafts
Seven Garden Pots
Clay pot crafts have been popular for years. Whether you are decorating an oversized pot for your tomato plant, or you want a small container for seedlings, there are several ideas here. The Recycled Yogurt Container Herb Pots are great for giving young plants as gifts while the Vintage Cracked Flower Pot is a great way to add rustic character to your deck.
- Bird Cage Flower Planter
- Recycled Yogurt Container Herb Pots
- Seed Packet Decoupage Clay Pots
- Vintage Cracked Flower Pot
- Strawberry Terra Cotta Pots
- Denim and Fabric Scrap Pots
- Faux Chalkboard Herb Pots
Six Garden Markers
Did you plant perennials last year and now you can’t remember where you planted what? Garden markers are the perfect solution! They are helpful and adorable at the same time. You can make just about anything into one, but my personal favorite from this list are the markers made from recycled keys, but the rocks run a close second!
- Plastic Spoon Garden Markers
- Painted Rock Garden Markers
- Plant Markers made from Recycled Keys
- Birdy Flower Markers
- Shamrock Plant Poke
- Country Plant Pokes
Ten Garden Decorations
Does your garden need a little something? There are plenty of ways to dress up your garden and you can make the decorations yourself. Hang a beautiful watering can that pours crystals or add colorful wind chimes. Your neighbors will be asking how you created such a gorgeous garden.
- Bottle Cap Flower
- Rainbow Button Wind Chime
- Recycled Plastic Lid Wind Chime
- Watering Can that can pour Crystals
- Beaded Frost Luminaries
- Herb Garden Sign
- Paint Stick Scarecrow
- Revamped Bird Feeder
- Shabby Chic Cottage Garden Bench
- Ladybug Painted Rocks
Four Fairy Garden Crafts
There is nothing cuter in a garden than tiny houses meant for fairies. These four fairy houses are all made from things in nature or from recycled items. Add a little magic to your garden with a fairy house!
- Pumpkin Fairy House
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Fairy House Night Lights
- How to Make a Fairy House
- How to Start a Fairy Garden
I hope you enjoyed these garden craft ideas and that they inspired you to try something this summer!
Latest posts by Amanda Formaro (see all)
- Easy Yarn Crafts: Creative Ways to Use Yarn Without Knitting or Crocheting - March 17, 2017
- Egg Shell Mosaic Vase - March 14, 2017
- 40+ Creative Easter Crafts for Kids - March 6, 2017