There’s something about colorful kid’s crafts that makes for a fun afternoon. When a craft is colorful, it’s eye-catching and happy and makes you smile. I try to make many of my kid’s craft projects colorful, it helps show that you don’t have to stay within the lines, so to speak. I’ve put together a huge collection of colorful kid’s crafts all in one place, I hope you have fun creating!
55+ Colorful Kid’s Crafts
I have a ton of paint. A ton. You might not and that’s okay! We all learned in early childhood that all you need are a few primary colors and with some white and black and you can create a rainbow of colors yourself.
Many of these projects do use several paint colors, but feel free to mix up your own from what you have on hand. I’ve sorted these colorful kid’s crafts into categories to make it easier.
Colorful Animal Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Jellyfish – a fun sea themed craft made from Styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners.
- Flock of Colorful Craft Stick Sheep – use cotton balls to decorated painted craft sticks.
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family – paint toilet rolls and paper towel rolls into bunnies.
- Styrofoam Cup Sea Crabs – use colorful paint and pipe cleaners to turn foam cups into crabs.
- Carboard Tube Coiled Snakes – learn how to form toilet paper rolls into adorable polka dot snakes.
- Tropical Seashell Fish – paint seashells to create a colorful school of tropical fish.
- Sea Shell Creatures– seashell crafts don’t get much cuter than this! Use clay to create adorable creatures.
- Bottle Cap Horse– teach the importance of reusing materials to your kids by making this cute bottle cap horse.
- Button Doll– using colorful buttons you and your child could make your very own doll made from buttons.
Colorful Bird, Butterfly & Bug Crafts for Kids
- Tissue Paper Butterfly – this puffy tissue paper method is a preschool favorite.
- Plastic Spoon Bugs on a Branch – turn plastic spoons and felt into adorable bugs.
- Clothespin Birds on a Branch – paint wooden clothespins and add feathers for these cute birds.
- Paper Doily Butterflies – food coloring or watercolor paints make paper doilies into butterflies.
- Cardboard Tube Spring Birds – turn cardboard rolls into birds with paint and feathers.
- Jar Lid Owls – don’t toss those lids when you can turn them into colorful owls.
- Decoupage Light Bulb Birds – tissue paper, Mod Podge and old light bulbs make these beautiful birds.
- Craft Stick Spring Birds – feathers and paint turn ordinary craft sticks into colorful spring birds.
- Watercolor Clothespin Butterflies – use watercolor paint and paper to create vibrant butterflies.
Colorful Flower Crafts for Kids
- Cardboard Tube Polka Dot Tulips – turn toilet paper rolls into gorgeous polka dot spring flowers.
- Bouquet of Fingerprint Flowers – a fun fingerprint project, great for giving to grandma!
- Bendable Fabric Flowers – use pipe cleaners and fabric to make bendable flowers.
- Daisy Painted Rocks– grab some garden rocks and paint pretty daisies for paperweights or garden decor!
Colorful Ladybug Crafts for Kids
- Swirling Twirling Ladybugs – construction paper is transformed into ladybugs that twirl in the wind.
- Ladybug Sun Visors – a little paint on ordinary foam visors turn them into cute ladybugs.
- Plastic Lid Ladybugs – save the lids from your milk and juice containers to make these little guys.
- Paper Plate Ladybugs – paper plates, paint and some fun fabric make for an adorable craft.
- Fabric Scrap Ladybug Magnets – use felt, cardstock and fabric scraps to create sweet magnets.
- Recycled CD Ladybugs – don’t toss those old CDs when you can add felt to make these cute bugs.
- Egg Carton Ladybugs – paint cardboard egg cartons, add pom-pom and pipe cleaners for these.
Colorful Monster Crafts for Kids
- Juice Box Monsters – use empty juice boxes and felt to create funny monsters.
- Canning Lid Monsters – you can’t reuse canning lids, so turn them into fun monsters.
- Craft Stick Monsters – a little paint turns ordinary craft sticks into colorful monstrous creatures.
- Twirling Paper Monsters– these twirling monsters are great for birthday parties or just hanging in your kid’s bedroom.
- Plastic Spoon Monsters– these cute little trick or treaters are a fun craft for the kids to do for Halloween!
Colorful Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
- Paper Plate Aquarium – an age-old craft using lots of bright and colorful paper.
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish – paper plates are transformed with different colored paints.
- Paper Plate Flying Saucer – a couple of paper plates, some newspaper and lots of craft jewels!
- Paper Plate Clown Puppet – have a fun puppet show after you’ve put together this cute clown.
- Paper Plate Fruit – colorful fruit is made from paper plates, construction paper and paint.
Colorful Kid’s Party Crafts, Games & Make and Takes
- Glow in the Dark Water Bottle Bowling – turn water bottles into a fun glow in the dark game.
- Colorful Recycled Denim Beads – learn how to create beads from old blue jeans and paint.
- Recycled T-shirt Bracelets – recycle your old t-shirts into adorable bracelets, great for a slumber party.
- Cardboard Tube Featherheads – these cute finger puppets are made with paint, feathers and googly eyes.
- Feather Mardi Gras Mask – celebrate Mardi Gras with a beautiful homemade mask that’s easy to make.
- Recycled CD Spinners – these spinners are so fun to play with, watch them spin round and round!
- Polka Dot Treat Cups – great for a birthday party, these pretty treat cups use foam cups and duct tape.
- Plastic Spoon Easter Chicks – painted clay pots hold painted plastic spoons, a great placeholder.
Colorful Party Crafts
- Popsicle Stick Bracelets– this is the perfect craft for a sleepover or birthday party, and it requires minimal supplies.
- DIY Stained Glass– create a unique take on faux stained glass with a group of kids for a fun party project.
- Homemade Floam– another fun craft for kids in groups, homemade floam is so popular right now!
- Lego Altoid Tins– these make great party favors, and are also good for long road trips to keep the kids busy.
- Marshmallow Edible Paint– you read that right, edible paint! Great for parties or cookie decorating with young ones.
- Lightsaber Bookmarks– popsicle stick lightsaber bookmarks, stuff these into treat bags for birthdays or for back to school!
Colorful Hanging Crafts for Kids
- Colorful Sun Catcher from Glue – use glue, food coloring and a plastic lid to make this suncatcher.
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Wind Spinner – turn a plastic water bottle into a wind spinner with duct tape.
- Rainbow Button Wind Chime – recycled lids and lots of buttons are what this wind chime is made of.
- Recycled Plastic Lid Windchime – if you’ve been saving your plastic lids, this wind chime is the craft for you.
This post was originally published on this blog on Jan 31, 2016.